Topical governance, finance and tax advice for charities.
The financial and legal landscape for charities is constantly changing and evolving, so it can be hard for trustees and managers to keep up-to-date with the latest guidance and best practice. In May and June 2021, we held a series of free webinars providing updates for charities on a number of key topics with guest speakers from law firm Gaby Hardwicke, NatWest Bank, AJ Gallagher and the Charities Aid Foundation.
The webinars covered the following topics and were all recorded and are available to watch below:
Charitable structures and conflicts of interest
- An update on the different types of charitable structures - Mark Williams, Partner at Gaby Hardwicke solicitors
- New guidance on how to deal with conflicts of interest - Mark Filsell, Charities Partner at Knill James
WATCH THE VIDEO OF WEBINAR 1 HERE
Off-payroll working rules (IR35) and VAT
- An update on how the new off-payroll working rules (known as IR35) affect charities - Michael Williams, Knill James Tax Department
- VAT and charities: how to manage risk and save money - Alison Sampson, Senior VAT Consultant, Knill James
WATCH THE VIDEO OF WEBINAR 2 HERE
Maximising income and cybercrime
- How to maximise your charity's income - Ben Jowitt, Charities Aid Foundation
- Advice on combatting cybercrime and cyber security for the charity sector - Claire Jackman, Senior Manager, NatWest Bank, with Tim Pope and Johnty Mongan from AJ Gallagher, the global insurance and risk management firm
WATCH THE VIDEO OF WEBINAR 3 HERE
Please contact Mark Filsell on 01273 484941 if you'd like any further information.