At Knill James we know from experience that, contrary to popular perception, the manufacturing sector in the UK is alive and kicking - albeit facing many challenges and operating in a very different way to the traditional 'smoke stack' image. These days manufacturing businesses have to manage additional risks and volatility, including those arising from overseas operations.
This gives manufacturing businesses exposure to global supply chains, currency and exchange rate risk and uncertainty about the stability of interest rates in countries other than just your home market.
At such times, having an experienced professional adviser by your side is essential. And that's where Knill James' specialist Manufacturing group comes in. With a strong client base and many years of experience of working with different types of manufacturing business we are well placed to provide the service you expect and the advice you need to make your Manufacturing business a success in these turbulent times.
In addition to Audit and Tax services, some of the services we can provide include:
- Advice on optimisation of factory plant and machinery tax allowances
- Guidance on Research and Development Tax Relief
- Management of cashflow especially where exposure to exchange and interest rate volatility is involved
- Assistance with management accounting systems and the production of internal financial reports
- Advice on profit maximisation through examination of product and unit costing and implementation and management of stock control systems
- Assistance with evaluation of proposed investments and examination of options for financing decisions
- Production and analysis of benchmarking reports, examining Key Performance Indicators against peer group and competitors
- Strategic development and business improvement consultancy services, encompassing 'lean manufacturing' guidance.
To find out how our Manufacturing group can help your business, contact Chris Ketley on 01273 480480.