Solicitors in practice are facing perhaps the most challenging times in their professional history. Equally, there are unparalleled opportunities for individuals and firms able to embrace change and adapt to the evolving new markets in legal services. Our aim is to provide the day to day support with your financial management needs together with the strategic advice that will help you achieve success for your firm long into the future.
We are able to provide a wide range of specialist services for solicitors:
- We have many years experience in undertaking Solicitors' Accounts Rules audits.
- We can provide accounting and technical support, in addition to advice on financial and cashflow management, and billing/cash collection.
- We can conduct internal audits and produce reports for Practice Leadership, advising on issues such as best governance practice.
- We offer a comprehensive VAT service, providing answers on specialist issues, helping you with ad-hoc queries and giving you practical advice on how to manage HMRC inspections and investigations.
- We can provide specifically tailored Tax services for individual partners and the partnership as a whole.
- We can advise on the issues (positive and negative) surrounding incorporation and limited liability partnerships (LLPs) and guide you and your partners as you decide on the best solution for your individual practice. And once your decision is made, we can help you make sure you take all the necessary steps to manage the process smoothly.
- If you are looking at either buying or merging with another practice, or perhaps even selling your practice then we can advise on the negotiations and valuations, look at the tax efficiency of the transactions and resulting structures.
19 Dec 2014
Solicitors to be targeted by HMRC
Kevin Powell is warning solicitors that they have become the latest group of professionals to be targeted by HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC).