Work with Us
Are you enthusiastic, hardworking and ambitious?
Do you want to be part of a great team?
Do you have a genuine interest in what makes a business tick?
We have a number of opportunities for trainees to join our friendly, knowledgeable and professional team.
Training and qualifications
We recognise the importance of a solid foundation of learning and offer a comprehensive training platform to enable individuals to progress with their learning and grow within the accountancy profession, whether it be down the AAT, ACA, ACCA, CTA level 4 or 7 apprenticeship route. We also provide financial support for your studies.
Work placement opportunities
We also offer undergraduate work placement year roles. You will get an insight into your chosen profession and exposure to hands-on work experience to complement your learning. This is the perfect opportunity to experience what it is like to work in the profession first hand and what working in an office environment has to offer. Not only will you enhance your technical knowledge but you will also grow as an individual.
We believe that making health and wellbeing a priority not only benefits our people but the firm as a whole, enabling us all to thrive. As well as social events, we hold regular sports and wellbeing activities and our Mellow Yellow Zone is a space where the team can chill out, socialise and have informal meetings.
Watch our ‘Day in the Life’ videos of Emily and Anna to get a glimpse of what life is like as a trainee at Knill James.
Emily, Tax Trainee
Anna, Audit and Accounts Trainee
What you can expect working at Knill James:
- A structured training programme over a minimum of 3 years with financial support for studies
- A dedicated internal training Partner and mentor, as well as a coach supplied by our external training provider
- Invaluable hands-on work experience in a friendly, supportive and encouraging working environment
- The opportunity to work alongside like-minded individuals and learn from trusted experts in the fields of accountancy and tax
- A professional and fun environment to work in
- Team social events and the opportunity to take part in local charitable fundraising and events
- To be part of a progressive, ambitious firm with career development opportunities beyond qualification
- To be part of something even bigger through our membership of the UK200 Group – more details here
- Competitive benefits - for a summary of our range of benefits please click here
An accountancy qualification opens up a whole array of exciting career possibilities. It can be the springboard for a wonderfully varied and rewarding career, but not everyone realises all the different directions it can take you. To find out more about all the benefits and opportunities of an accountancy qualification, read our HR Manager Tracey Tivey’s blog here:
Why train to be an accountant?
In addition to the traditional accounting training routes, from time to time we also have opportunities to train in other areas such as administration, payroll and corporate finance.
If you’d like to work with us, please contact us at email@example.com for more information or check our current vacancies page here.