Capital Gains Tax

Capital Gains Tax (CGT) arises when you sell or give away a capital asset at a profit.

There are certain reliefs that can be applied to reduce CGT liability if the relevant conditions are met. We can advise you on these conditions and make claims for reliefs where applicable.

We can also complete CGT returns on your behalf to declare sales of UK residential properties. These must be submitted to HMRC within 60 days of the date of completion of the sale. This applies to both UK residents and non-UK residents.

We can help you with:

  • Principal private residence relief reviews for residential property, sales and transfers
  • Foreign aspects and double tax relief
  • Advice regarding gifting of assets and claiming gift relief
  • Advice on the balance transfer of assets as part of a divorce settlement

Meet the Experts

Profile photo

Want to know more?

Then get in touch with Gemma Hanrahan – Tax Expert

01273 485 093 |

Profile photo

Want to know more?

Then get in touch with Paul Welsh – Tax Expert

01273 485 084 |

staff-login.png icaew-probate.png uk200.png agn-logo.png wellbeing-at-work.png wellbeing-at-work-bronze.png
qb-core-logo.png qb-mtd-logo.jpg xero.png cyber essentials plus receipt-bank.png expensify-approved.png supervcfo-logo.png